This is a pasta dish I stumbled across whilst trying to make something with sufficient protein, avoiding the extremely pricy Norwegian meat option and without making yet another bean/chickpea stew! It’s very quick and simple, perfect for a lunch after a big session or as an evening meal.
1 handful of fresh basil (I buy a plant and use it for 4 or 5 meals, this is most economical)
5 cherry tomatoes, chopped in quarters
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (I haven’t tried making this with any company)
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tin tuna
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
4 tsp olive oil
As much pasta as you eat (I won’t disgust anyone with the quantity I eat here)
- Put pasta on to boil as per packet instructions with a little salt
- Drain pasta and return to pan, ensuring there is a small amount of residual water
- In a small pan, add the olive oil and set on a medium/high heat – this should not be smoking!
- Add the dried chilli and garlic and fry for 30 seconds
- Mix all ingredients together and serve!